Wednesday, March 26, 2014

New Blog Site coming soon

So, I'm a little excited to announce that I'm finally going to have a new blog site! It's been coming for quite a while....years, actually. It only makes sense that since my husband is this awesome web design guy that I take advantage of this talent. (see some of his work here)

I hope it will be finished soon! Life with two littles makes things interesting and not really happen on my own schedule, but that is totally okay. I'm learning to accept things as they are a little bit more than I have in the past and learning to go with the flow. (I know, insert shock and surprise here)

Anyways, since it's not ready yet, I figured I can at least talk about it. Maybe by actually putting it out there, it will hold me accountable to getting it done before another 2-3 years pass.

I'm also excited because this blog has always been something very personal to me, something that is so closely tied to my walk with Jesus that I have really tried to not every post anything just to post. I've tried to wait until I felt that there was something that the Lord wanted me to share, or that I'm learning and wrestling through, or that the spiritual gift of teaching inside of me makes me feel as if I will burst if I didn't share it.

I never post just to fill a post.

That explains why there are some sparse seasons. Sometimes it's just not time to share yet.

But I'm really glad that this is how the Lord is developing HIS blog. It feels organic, like being connected to the Vine and letting Him produce foliage and fruit.

I've also really been wrestling through what this new name is going to be. My perfectionist tendencies were definitely a challenge to overcome, as I wanted the IDEAL name that captured the very essence of all future posts (HA!). But, if you are keeping pace with the past few months here, you'd know that the Lord is really working on me in this area, trying to throw off my idealism and grasping the real right in front of me. The messy, the unfinished stuff, the off-the-cuff messages and interactions and life. So, there was a tension is praying through and really seeking the Lord for the name He had in mind, not something I was trying to figure out or analyze it to death.

And it finally came!

(I am gonna hold on to it for just a little bit longer, but I'll share soon)

It's perfect, for me. It captures so much meaning from my walk with the Jesus over the past 10+ years.

Not what I thought it would be, but perfect.

Just as the Lord always works.

So, I'm a little excited over here. Hope to have something beautiful to show you soon! :)


"You make known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." -Psalm 16:11



No comments:

Post a Comment